Working with spray adhesive can be really tricky and very messy. Here are some helpful tips and techniques from Adhesive Solutions, Inc.® that will make using spray adhesive easier, cleaner and enable you to get the most out of the product.
1. Use only in a well-ventilated area.
2. Make sure surfaces are free of dirt, grease and moisture.
3. Shake can well before use.
4. If possible, mask off any area not applied with adhesive (this will also help in clean-up).
5. Hold can upright about 6" to 8" away from surface.
6. Test spray pattern in a protected area away from project surfaces.
7. Spray with a light, uniform coat.
8. When can I make the bond? Best way is to test with your fingers.
If it feels sticky, but doesn’t transfer to your fingers, it’s ready to bond.
9. To help prevent clogged nozzles after use, tip can upside down and spray until adhesive does not emit